Welcome to the website of Spratton Parish Council.
This website is managed by the Parish Council for the benefit of the residents of the village of Spratton in Northamptonshire.
Here you will find details of the responsibilities and workings of the Parish Council, as well as local events in the village. Please contact us to give your news and views on any matters you wish.
Explore the menu above to see what's being discussed and agreed.
- Christmas recycling collections in Daventry District, Click here.
- Click here to view the notice of a vacancy for a Parish Councillor arising from the Disqualification of Cllr Janine Spence. If you would like to apply to become a Councillor please click here.
- Northamptonshire Highways are carrying out carriageway patching works on a section of the above road between the A5199 and the Parish boundary. To undertake this work safely will require that the road is closed for one day between 08.30 and 15.30 and it is expected to be closed on the 22nd November 2017. The plan showing the closure and diversion can be viewed here https://roadworks.org?tm=90665.
- Northamptonshire Highways was due to start work on Monday 31st October on the A5199 Welford Road, Spratton Sands Bridge following damage from an earlier traffic collision. The team has been working to secure permission from various parties. Due to unforeseen circumstances this work will be postponed and Northamptonshire Highways are working to confirm a new start date as soon as possible this is likely to now be January 2017. Until then the bridge will continue to operate under traffic lights to protect both road users and the structure. Once a new date is agreed the planned programme of repair works will take four weeks, under a full road closure, due to the temporary scaffolding. They will be rebuilding around 10m of the stone parapet and a significant part of the bridge beneath the parapet.
Stephen Mold is the newly elected Police and Crime Commissioner.He is launching a six week consultation period on the proposed Police and Crime Plan for Northamptonshire http://www.northantspcc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Draft-Police-and-Crime-Plan-2016-2021-1.pdf. Since before becoming the Police and Crime Commissioner he has both visited and listened to the views and concerns of the people in Northamptonshire. This draft Police and Crime Plan takes those views into account along with the views of the police. He has proposed four priorities:Keeping the young safe, Community partnerships, Protecting people from harm, Putting victims at the heart of justice. Prior to confirming these elements, he is looking for the views of residents in order to ensure the county’s Police and Crime Plan represents the people it is designed to keep safe. Stephen askes that villagers complete his short survey http://www.yourpcc.co.uk/
- Click here to view the notice of a vacancy for a Parish Councillor arising from the Resignation of Councillor Harry Mallinder. If you would like to apply to become a Councillor please click here.
- Spratton Parish Council's External Audit has been concluded click here to view the report and notice of conclusion. A copy of the Annual Return for the year ending 31 March 2016 is available on our FINANCE section of the website.
- The September edition of the Newsletter has been compiled with our new editor Mrs Enid Jarvis. A PDF verson is available here. The deadline for the Christmas edition of the Parish Newsletter is Sunday 20 November 2016.
The Chairman of the Parish Council is Cllr John Hunt.
The Parish Clerk/RFO is Mrs Emma Gibson.
Tel No: 07715 651904.
- Highways Issues eg Potholes. Please report online at streetdoctor
- Street lighting Issues. Please report to Parish Clerk on the e-mail or telephone details above.
Contact: Mrs Emma Gibson - Parish Clerk/RFO
DISCLAIMER: Items featured on this website are only as up to date as resources allow. Please contact the Clerk if you require the latest information