Welcome to the website of Spratton Parish Council.
This website is managed by the Parish Council for the benefit of the residents of the village of Spratton in Northamptonshire.
Here you will find details of the responsibilities and workings of the Parish Council, as well as local events in the village. Please contact us to give your news and views on any matters you wish.
Explore the menu above to see what's being discussed and agreed.
- Village Networks will be visiting Spratton Village on the 12th April and 3rd May 2017. They provide a huge variety of free advice and support such as money advice, pensions guidance and computer training to name a few. Click here for more information.
- Northamptonshire County Council is putting a process in place to help make the tough decisions it has to make about what to prioritise – To do this they need to be clearer what is important to bear in mind when deciding between competing priorities. NCC would like your help to clarify their values and principles and use these to develop what they will use for prioritising. You can help them in two ways – by completing a survey and/or attending a workshop.
- You can find the survey on the County Council website - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Prioritisation_Stage2
- You can come to one of 4 workshops that they will be holding around the county, so they can hear from you in person and discuss their principles and values. Details are available on the Consultation Register http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/council/consultations/pages/Details.aspx?cid=e8c54bc6-a119-4233-a316-935654276921&returnpage=%2fen%2fcouncilservices%2fcouncil%2fconsultations%2fadmin%2fpages%2fhome.aspx and will be in libraries.
The workshop details are also outlined below. They are open to anyone who wants to attend, without the need to RSVP or let NCC know in advance.
• 13th March, 10 am to 12 noon, Council Chamber, Bowling Green Road, Kettering, Northants, NN15 7QX
• 13th March, 6.30 to 8.30 pm, Weston Favell Academy, Booth Lane South, Weston Favell, Northampton NN3 3EZ
• 14th March, 6.30 to 8.30 pm, KINGSTHORPE COLLEGE, Boughton Green Rd, Northampton NN2 7HR
• 16th March, 1.30 to 3.30 pm, Pemberton Centre, H.E. Bates Way, Rushden NN10 9YP
• 20th March, 12.30 to 2.30 pm, South Northants Volunteer Bureau, Whittons Lane, Volunteer Centre , Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6YZ
NCC welcome your contributions and will take all the information they get from this consultation process to develop their own, unique statement of principles and values to feed into the prioritisation framework.
- The Annual Village Spring Clean will take place on Sunday 2nd April at 10am meeting at the Kings Head any help greatly appreciated.
- Click here to view the Notice of Vacancy for a Parish Councillor arising from the Resignation of Councillor Graham Bandy. If you would like to apply to become a Councillor please click here.
Our Police colleagues have asked that we circulate the attached message regarding the recent rise in non-dwelling burglary and what is being and can be done to combat it. Please click here to view the message.
The Chairman of the Parish Council is Cllr John Hunt.
The Parish Clerk/RFO is Mrs Emma Gibson.
Tel No: 07715 651904.
- Highways Issues eg Potholes. Please report online at streetdoctor
- Street lighting Issues. Please report to Parish Clerk on the e-mail or telephone details above.
Contact: Mrs Emma Gibson - Parish Clerk/RFO
DISCLAIMER: Items featured on this website are only as up to date as resources allow. Please contact the Clerk if you require the latest information