Welcome to the website of Spratton Parish Council.
This website is managed by the Parish Council for the benefit of the residents of the village of Spratton in Northamptonshire.
Here you will find details of the responsibilities and workings of the Parish Council, as well as local events in the village. Please contact us to give your news and views on any matters you wish.
Explore the menu above to see what's being discussed and agreed.
- Click here to view the notice of a vacancy for a Parish Councillor arising from the Resignation of Councillor Harry Mallinder.
- Spratton Parish Council's External Audit has been concluded click here to view the report and notice of conclusion. A copy of the Annual Return for the year ending 31 March 2016 is available on our FINANCE section of the website.
- A dog poo spraying campaign is taking place in Spratton w/c 5th September 2016. The aim of "Paint means Poo" is to:
- Highlight the amount of dog fouling
- Shock irresponsible dog owners into picking it up
- Make the fouling clearly visible to pedestrians
- Raise awareness of health and safety issues
Please pick up after your dog and lets keep your community clean! For further information click onto the following link www.daventrydc.gov.uk/dogfouling
- The September edition of the Newsletter has been compiled with our new editor Mrs Enid Jarvis. A PDF verson is available here. The deadline for the Christmas edition of the Parish Newsletter is Sunday 20 November 2016.
- The Newletter will be delivered with volunteers so if you can help please contact us.
- The second Spratton Festival is coming up beginning with the Flower & Produce Show on 17th September and ending with the famous “Boobs & Brass” concert raising funds for breast cancer research on 24th September. If you can sell any of the tickets (£10) that would be much appreciated as the festival committee has guaranteed it will give £1,000 to the charity in any event.
- Further to the Neighbourhood Planning Referendum for Spratton, please click here to view the Declaration of Results.
- Notice of Roadworks - Spratton Sands (Structure No.1020) – Welford Road, Spratton - Bridge Repairs. The bridge was recently involved in a traffic incident in which a vehicle impacted the bridge. Works will be carried out to replace a 9m section of parapet and rebuild sections of head wall. These works will require a section of Welford road to be closed for the duration of the works (traffic management to be implemented with diversion routes).The works are programmed to start mid-October and are scheduled to last for 15 working days. Should you have any queries relating to the project prior to commencement of the work, you may contact Josh Moorhouse on 01604 8883413 or at Jmoorhouse@kierwsp.co.uk. Once work has commenced, you should direct any queries to the Construction Team, who will be Supervising the works, on 01604 883400 quoting Welford Road.
The Chairman of the Parish Council is Cllr John Hunt.
The Parish Clerk/RFO is Mrs Emma Gibson.
Tel No: 07715 651904.
- Highways Issues eg Potholes, Streetlighting etc. Please report online at streetdoctor
Contact: Mrs Emma Gibson - Parish Clerk/RFO
DISCLAIMER: Items featured on this website are only as up to date as resources allow. Please contact the Clerk if you require the latest information