Welcome to the website of Spratton Parish Council.
This website is managed by the Parish Council for the benefit of the residents of the village of Spratton in Northamptonshire.
Here you will find details of the responsibilities and workings of the Parish Council, as well as local events in the village. Please contact us to give your news and views on any matters you wish.
Explore the menu above to see what's being discussed and agreed.
- SPRATTON FAMILY FUNDAY!! Spratton Recreational Field Charity are hosting a family funday on Saturday 21st September 2019 11am-4pm. Click here for more details. Please go along, have fun and support them.
- ROADWORKS NOTICE: Work has been undertaken on the A5199 since July creating a new junction for a housing development at Buckton Fields. As part of this work it will be necessary to close the A5199 overnight (between 8pm and 6am) and it is proposed that this will take place from the 30th September until the 2nd October 2019. A plan showing the closure and the diversion can be viewed here https://roadworks.org?tm=114751132
- Plans progress for new leisure centre: Plans are moving forward to develop a new leisure centre to serve communities in the east of Daventry District. Daventry District Council (DDC) and Moulton College have agreed that DDC will buy the Chris Moody Centre, an existing sports facility on the College’s campus and convert it into a public leisure centre. Providing a new leisure and sports facilities for residents and community use in the eastern part of the District is a priority for the Council, which plans to use developer contributions to fund the project. The new centre would include a swimming pool, state of the art fitness suite and multi-purpose rooms for classes, functions and group cycling. Local schools and clubs currently using the facilities at Moulton would continue to be able to do so under the Council’s proposals. DDC will be applying for planning permission for the changes, with it being planned that work would begin on the new leisure centre in early 2020.
- Northampton Town Centre Parking Proposals 2019: The County Council has carried out a review of the usage of Pay and Display parking bays within key areas of Northampton town centre and the charges associated with them. The purpose of this review is to maximise the benefits of on-street parking in the town centre by introducing a higher rate tariff for parking at the busiest and most popular locations (similar to Milton Keynes). In addition, the authority is proposing to allow motorists to park for longer in bays which are currently underutilised. With any changes on the road network it is inevitable that some residents or businesses may not approve of proposals to make changes to parking restrictions, and for this reason the government requires local authorities to allow a 21 day notice period where the public can object or comment on these types of measures. In addition to writing to those affected, notices will be placed on site and in the local press. Further information, including details of the tariff changes and the expected benefits can be found on our consultation hub, and should be read prior to responding to this consultation. You can give your views in writing, quoting reference PKG/P1803, to: Parking & Traffic Orders, Northamptonshire Highways, Highways Depot, Old Harborough Road, Brixworth, NN6 9BX or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . This consultation closes on 5 September 2019.
- Polling District, Places and Stations Review - Conclusion The final report has been considered by Daventry District Councillors at the meeting of Full Council on 25 July 2019 and has now been approved. Please click to view report and appendix. Spratton's polling arrangments are unchanged.
- Government says yes to two unitary councils for Northamptonshire Two brand new unitary councils will be established in Northamptonshire on 1st April 2021 (Vesting Day). The West Northamptonshire unitary will cover Daventry District, Northampton and South Northamptonshire and the North Northamptonshire unitary will cover Corby, East Northants, Kettering and Wellingborough. The existing district and borough councils and Northamptonshire County Council will all be abolished. The Secretary of State James Brokenshire has reviewed all the evidence and representations received, and has now decided that replacing the eight councils with two unitary authorities is in the best interests of the residents of Northamptonshire. Parliamentary Orders will follow later this year and there will be elections to the Shadow Authorities in May 2020. Shadow Executives for the two unitaries will be selected from those elected and will determine the structure, budget and service delivery models for the new councils. Services which complement one another but are currently divided between the district, borough and county councils, such as bin collections, waste disposal, planning and roads, will be brought together under each of the two unitary councils.
- Spratton Parish Council currently have vacancies for Councillors. If you would like to apply to become a Councillor please click here.
- The Chairman of the Parish Council is Cllr John Hunt.
The Parish Clerk/RFO is Mrs Emma Gibson.
Tel No: 07715 651904.
- Highways Issues eg Potholes. Please report online at streetdoctor
- Street lighting Issues. Please report to Parish Clerk on the e-mail or telephone details above.