Welcome to the website of Spratton Parish Council.
This website is managed by the Parish Council for the benefit of the residents of the village of Spratton in Northamptonshire.
Here you will find details of the responsibilities and workings of the Parish Council, as well as local events in the village. Please contact us to give your news and views on any matters you wish.
Explore the menu above to see what's being discussed and agreed.
- Christmas 2019 waste and recycling collections click here for more information.
- Plans progress for new leisure centre: Plans are moving forward to develop a new leisure centre to serve communities in the east of Daventry District. Daventry District Council (DDC) and Moulton College have agreed that DDC will buy the Chris Moody Centre, an existing sports facility on the College’s campus and convert it into a public leisure centre. Providing a new leisure and sports facilities for residents and community use in the eastern part of the District is a priority for the Council, which plans to use developer contributions to fund the project. The new centre would include a swimming pool, state of the art fitness suite and multi-purpose rooms for classes, functions and group cycling. Local schools and clubs currently using the facilities at Moulton would continue to be able to do so under the Council’s proposals. DDC will be applying for planning permission for the changes, with it being planned that work would begin on the new leisure centre in early 2020.
- Government says yes to two unitary councils for Northamptonshire Two brand new unitary councils will be established in Northamptonshire on 1st April 2021 (Vesting Day). The West Northamptonshire unitary will cover Daventry District, Northampton and South Northamptonshire and the North Northamptonshire unitary will cover Corby, East Northants, Kettering and Wellingborough. The existing district and borough councils and Northamptonshire County Council will all be abolished. The Secretary of State James Brokenshire has reviewed all the evidence and representations received, and has now decided that replacing the eight councils with two unitary authorities is in the best interests of the residents of Northamptonshire. Parliamentary Orders will follow later this year and there will be elections to the Shadow Authorities in May 2020. Shadow Executives for the two unitaries will be selected from those elected and will determine the structure, budget and service delivery models for the new councils. Services which complement one another but are currently divided between the district, borough and county councils, such as bin collections, waste disposal, planning and roads, will be brought together under each of the two unitary councils.
- Spratton Parish Council currently have vacancies for Councillors. If you would like to apply to become a Councillor please click here.
- The Chairman of the Parish Council is Cllr John Hunt.
The Parish Clerk/RFO is Mrs Emma Gibson.
Tel No: 07715 651904.
- Highways Issues eg Potholes. Please report online at streetdoctor
- Street lighting Issues. Please report to Parish Clerk on the e-mail or telephone details above.