Welcome to the website of Spratton Parish Council.
This website is managed by the Parish Council for the benefit of the residents of the village of Spratton in Northamptonshire.
Here you will find details of the responsibilities and workings of the Parish Council, as well as local events in the village. Please contact us to give your news and views on any matters you wish.
Explore the menu above to see what's being discussed and agreed.
- A new hotline has been launched by Daventry District Council in a bid to improve living conditions for people in privately rented or shared housing. The dedicated number 01327 302288 has been set up to help people report in confidence any concerns they may have about the condition of a privately rented property in the District. People are also encouraged to report any Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) – commonly referred to as house shares – that they believed may be unlicensed or in a poor state of repair. As well as the new hotline, people can also report a suspected HMO or a privately rented house in disrepair in confidence by visiting www.daventrydc.gov.uk/hmo or emailing email@example.com
- Government says yes to two unitary councils for Northamptonshire Two brand new unitary councils will be established in Northamptonshire on 1st April 2021 (Vesting Day). The West Northamptonshire unitary will cover Daventry District, Northampton and South Northamptonshire and the North Northamptonshire unitary will cover Corby, East Northants, Kettering and Wellingborough. The existing district and borough councils and Northamptonshire County Council will all be abolished. The Secretary of State James Brokenshire has reviewed all the evidence and representations received, and has now decided that replacing the eight councils with two unitary authorities is in the best interests of the residents of Northamptonshire. Parliamentary Orders will follow later this year and there will be elections to the Shadow Authorities in May 2020. Shadow Executives for the two unitaries will be selected from those elected and will determine the structure, budget and service delivery models for the new councils. Services which complement one another but are currently divided between the district, borough and county councils, such as bin collections, waste disposal, planning and roads, will be brought together under each of the two unitary councils.
- Spratton Parish Council currently have vacancies for Councillors. If you would like to apply to become a Councillor please click here.
- The Chairman of the Parish Council is Cllr John Hunt.
The Parish Clerk/RFO is Mrs Emma Gibson.
Tel No: 07715 651904.
- Highways Issues eg Potholes. Please report online at streetdoctor
- Street lighting Issues. Please report to Parish Clerk on the e-mail or telephone details above.