Welcome to the website of Spratton Parish Council.
This website is managed by the Parish Council for the benefit of the residents of the village of Spratton in Northamptonshire.
Here you will find details of the responsibilities and workings of the Parish Council, as well as local events in the village. Please contact us to give your news and views on any matters you wish.
Explore the menu above to see what's being discussed and agreed.
- Bus Service - Great News! Daventry District Council have agreed to fund new service 59 / 60 which will operate on Mondays – Fridays from Monday 23rd July to Thursday 30th March 2019. For a timetable for the new service, which will be operated by Centrebus, please click here. Through fares between the two services will be available and passengers will be able to stay on the bus when it arrives in Welford. The Parish Council and partners continue to work towards long term bus service provision.
- Spratton Sands Bridge - Work to the bridge is likely to commence on 24th September 2018 for a period of 4 weeks. A diversion route will be in place due to the road closure. If there are any queries regarding this project prior to the commencement of the work please contact Josh Moorhouse on 01604 883413 Jmoorhouse@kiersp.co.uk
- DDC Public Spaces Protection Order Consultation - Enhanced Dog Control Powers - Daventry District Council is considering amending a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO), giving its enforcement officers broader powers to deal with dog owners who fail to properly control their pets in public open spaces across the district. As well as testing those laws already in place, the Council is keen to take advantage of this opportunity to expand the requirements of the existing Public Spaces Protection Order and consult on more innovative ideas which would extend the remit to encompass other pressing local issues that fall within the description of antisocial behaviour. Residents are being encouraged to respond to this consultation by 24th July 2018 for more information please click here.
- Grants: Daventry District Council has Disabled Facilities Grants and Home Repairs Assistance grants available for both vulnerable children and adults and home owners residing within the Daventry district. Please click here for more information.
- A meeting was held on 31st March 2018 regarding the 60 bus service to view minutes of this meeting please click here for information regarding the timetables for the various tenders please click here.
- Spratton Parish Council currently have vacancies for Councillors. If you would like to apply to become a Councillor please click here.
- Spratton Youth Club is Closing - Please click here for more information and ways in which YOU could help!
The Chairman of the Parish Council is Cllr John Hunt.
The Parish Clerk/RFO is Mrs Emma Gibson.
Tel No: 07715 651904.
- Highways Issues eg Potholes. Please report online at streetdoctor
- Street lighting Issues. Please report to Parish Clerk on the e-mail or telephone details above.
Contact: Mrs Emma Gibson - Parish Clerk/RFO
DISCLAIMER: Items featured on this website are only as up to date as resources allow. Please contact the Clerk if you require the latest information